* In 2017, the Pittsburg Chamber rejuvenated Manufacturing Day events with the City of Pittsburg. We were excited to have 30 Pittsburg students participated in the event coordinated by the Chamber, City, and PUSD. Since then, the event has doubled in participation.
* In 2018, Contra Costa County Office of Education (now Earn and Learn) was added as a valued partner. With their amazing work over 60 Pittsburg students participated in the event on October 5th – part of 250 students county wide. In addition to tours, the students will preview key educational opportunities at Los Medanos College that would funnel them through a path resulting in manufacturing careers. The Pittsburg Chamber of Commerce is proud to play a role in such an important event, and we will continue to work diligently to connect our Pittsburg companies to tomorrow’s manufacturers! Manufacturing Day 2018, in conjunction with and thanks to our partners, offered Manufacturing Day tours to area high schools including John Swett, San Ramon, Antioch, Mt. Diablo, Clayton, and Concord High.
* In 2019, over 120 students, of that half being from Pittsburg, toured our local manufacturers, as well as Fresenius and Lennar in Concord – thereby expanding Pittsburg student’s exposure to manufacturing. Our Manufacturing Day events are thriving.
Special thanks to our partners –
2020 Manufacturing Month made possible by a generous grant from Corteva Community Advisory Panel.
Team Pittsburg going strong!
The 30 Bay Area partners include: Alameda, Antioch, Berkeley, Brentwood, Concord, Contra Costa County, Emeryville, Fairfield, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Milpitas, Morgan Hill, Napa, Newark, Oakland, Oakley, Petaluma, Pittsburg, Pleasanton, Richmond, San Francisco, San Jose, San Leandro, San Rafael, Santa Rosa, South San Francisco, Union City, Vacaville, and Vallejo.
Other videos of interest –
Special Announcement from Leading Manufacturer Bishop-Wisecarver –
Ygnacio Valley High School Student Wins the Inaugural Wisecarver Innovation Award from Bishop-Wisecarver
Award Given to Student with the Most Innovative Design for Making Virtual Learning Easier
PITTSBURG, Calif., December 15, 2020 —Bishop-Wisecarver, a trusted industrial automation company offering proven mechatronic solutions that are expertly designed and delivered to perform, today announced that Ramzi Latreche from Ygnacio Valley High School has won its first-ever Wisecarver Innovation Award. Through this student design contest, Bishop-Wisecarver challenged students in primary or secondary accredited educational facilities in their community to develop a design that could make their virtual learning experience due to COVID-19 easier. Latreche’s winning design proposed an innovative way of using vibrations in a pillow to consistently get a good night’s sleep in order to perform better in an online learning environment. Kicked off as part of Bishop-Wisecarver’s Virtual 2020 MFG Day event, this award is yet another example of Bishop-Wisecarver’s corporate commitment to support and promote programs that provide real-world learning experiences to help students succeed today, and well into their futures. The company is also a long-time supporter of FIRST, a program that inspires young people to be science and technology leaders and innovators with well-rounded life capabilities including self-reliance, communication and leadership. Ygnacio Valley High School is an avid participant in this program with its Project 212 (FIRST Team 7137), which is also sponsored by Bishop-Wisecarver.
About the Innovation Design Contest
The Wisecarver Innovation Award asked students “What would you design to make your learning experience easier?” These designs could include anything for their workstation, bedroom, desk, kitchen table, or something else to help them manage their experience. The goal was to design something that would enable them to make it easier to learn outside of the physical school building. Participants responded by providing a 60-second video that included an overview of their idea, how it helps and any drawings, prototypes or concept designs that could help provide additional explanation. 
The three key areas used to determine the winner included the following:
- Innovation — How does this idea represent an important tool to help learn virtually?
- Thinking outside the box — Originality of idea
- Broad appeal — Will a large number of students find it useful?
“Bishop-Wisecarver has always been strongly committed to giving back to our community by embracing and supporting programs that help all students learn and succeed,” said Pamela Kan, Bishop-Wisecarver President. “The design ideas generated from this contest were outstanding and clearly demonstrate the sheer talent and motivation of our diverse youth who will rise up one day and lead our companies and our world. Sometimes all they need is an opportunity and we are proud to be able to give that to so many students.”About Bishop-Wisecarver
Bishop-Wisecarver’s proven mechatronic solutions are expertly designed and delivered to perform, enabling customers to solve their toughest industrial automation challenges. Leveraging 70 years of experience, the company has earned the reputation of providing unmatched quality, reliability, service and engineering support for every stage of a customer’s design cycle. Combining long-lasting performance with ease of installation, Bishop-Wisecarver products offer the lowest cost of ownership for a wide variety of applications ranging from Aerospace to Medical to X-Y-Z systems and more. No matter the application or extreme environmental conditions, Bishop-Wisecarver designs innovative solutions from concept to completion, from prototype to production, on time and on budget. To learn more, please visit www.bwc.com.
- ^ www.facebook.com/pittsburgc (www.facebook.com)
- ^ Bishop-Wisecarver (www.bwc.com)
- ^ Bishop-Wisecarver’s Virtual 2020 MFG Day event (www2.bwc.com)
- ^ FIRST (www.firstinspires.org)
- ^ Ygnacio Valley High School is an avid participant in this program with its Project 212 (FIRST Team 7137) (www.facebook.com)
- ^ Wisecarver Innovation Award (www2.bwc.com)
- ^ www.bwc.com (www.bwc.com)
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered – by graded relevancy to this site’s keyword domain name. Such discovery was by systematic attempts to filter for “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. When possible, this site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain name. Additionally, when possible, this site references the content above to provide on-demand (multilingual) translations and/or to power its “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Where applicable, this site also auto-generates a “References” section, which appends the content above by listing all mentioned links. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the author(s). We do not endorse, offer to sell, promote, recommend, or, otherwise, make any statement about the content above. We reference the content above for your “reading” entertainment purposes only. Review “DMCA & Terms”, at the bottom of this site, for terms of your access and use as well as for applicable DMCA take-down request.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. Buy@TLDtraders.com | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.